Monday, March 9, 2009

Sanitary Sewer


Sanitary Sewer seems like an oxymoron. I walked to the church to do some work at my office and on my way there I saw a sewer cover that had these words cast boldly "Sanitary Sewer." The term is one used of any sewage removal system. Sinful Saints also seems like an oxymoron. They are saints because they have been cleansed of their sins by the blood of Jesus Christ. They are sinners because they live in the flesh. Saved people, saints, truly are sinners saved by the grace of God.


The bibliography is finished as of today. It contains over 80 books that I will site in my doctoral thesis. The goal is to turn in the prospectus by the end of April.


I have a funeral service tomorrow and hopefully the bus will be finished and ready to be picked up. "From the Pastor" is on my schedule for this evening and I plan to return to the book of John this Sunday. Wednesday night we will be going over 2nd Thessalonians chapter 2 and Sunday night I plan to preach on the subject of church discipline. The picture is of my son-in-law leading the singing at the church he pastors in Elkhart, Texas. God bless you.

No comments: