Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tarentaise


I have officiated at many funerals and frequently have problems pronouncing odd names listed in the obituary. Today was unique. I was unsure how to pronounce the name of a cow. That's right the name of a cow. The man we buried raised a rare type of cattle called Tarentaise (pictured). This breed of cow is from the country of France. This man may have been the only cattleman in Texas who had full blood registered Tarentaise cows.
It was a warm day today but that is about to change. It was 84 here today and by in the morning it is suppose to drop down to 44. It is a wonder that we are not all sick wearing summer clothes one day and winter clothes the next. We need the rain for we have not had any significant rain fall in a long time.
I hope to get the bus back tomorrow and am hopeful that the rain will be gone by tomorrow evening. It does not look like that is going to be the case according to the forecast. We will head over to Henderson tomorrow night so Janie can take her parents to Tyler. We will return on Thursday so we can get up early and head for a surgery in Dallas on Friday. Janie is considering a plan to have me teach her Ladies Bible Study for the next several weeks. She wants me to teach from the book of Revelation. I will need a day or 2 to get ready for such a study but I admit it would be one I enjoy. God bless you.

2 comments:

abainfrance said...

That would be pronounced tar (like car) - en (nasal "an" - n is not pronounced) - taise (long "a" - z). Tar-a(nasal)-tayz (emphasis on last syllable).

Anastacia Maness said...

Don't let Jason hear how I would have pronounced it. :)