Monday, March 2, 2009

5000


I prayed a year or so ago that the stock market go down to 5000. It looks as though my prayer is being answered. My reason for praying such a thing was based on the empty pews that are so abundant in every church of every religion. Talking to the pastors in our town I found that all of them have had a decline in attendance. My prayer was that since God had given us prosperity and what He got in exchange was a people forsaking worship services He should give us poverty and perhaps that would return people to the pews. Every human being ought to be thankful to God and ought to pause at least one day a week to worship and thank God for His blessings. The quality of the American way of life is directly connected to the quality of our relationship to God.

I walked for an hour today and have caught up on my Bible readings. We took another bus seat out today and after spending about three hours at the hospital with some of our church members I took that seat and exchanged it for one that was finished. We have just 2 seats left on the bus that have not been removed. I expect that by the end of this month the bus seats will be all done. We have changed our schedule for our mid-week Bible school. We start at 6:45 now and will stop giving the kids refreshments. They are active enough without adding sugar to the mix so I think this was a good move. I am looking forward to spending Thursday with my mentor and father in the ministry the man I call my pastor. I consider it a part of my on going education and training to spend time with Bro. Davis. Friday will be my day off and I will help my older brother with some electrical work at the Clark house. My brother has moved in now and I know that mother is glad to have him living on the property.

I have some work to get done before I can retire for the day so I must leave off blogging for now. I will spend the day at the office studying tomorrow and hope to get my prospectus ready for proof reading next week. The picture is of our church auditorium on Wednesday night just before the services started. We got to the church earlier than usual and we took pictures of the kids so we could put a name with a face when we pray for them. God bless you.

No comments: