Thursday, March 19, 2009

Typing


My mother (pictured here on our last trip over to see dad's grave) made me take typing back in 1967. No one could have known then that computers would be everywhere and that their keyboards would be the same as a typewriter. I remember protesting that typing was for girls and secretaries and not for me. She insisted and so I learned to type. I spent several hours today typing. I typed my sermon into the word processor and saved it for posterity. I am so glad now that my mother insisted on me taking typing. I remember that me and my brother Steve took typing together and we were the only boys in the class. It was an easy course and if I remember correctly I could type 35 words a minute when the course was over. I am not sure now how fast I can type but I can type way faster than I can write using pencil and paper.
I called to check on Janie's parents and found out that my father-in-law fell down today on his way into a restaurant. He was not sure how bad he was hurt but the problem seems to be his hip. He was at home resting and said he was a little afraid to look at his hip. Janie talked to her sister and it does not seem as though he has any serious injury.
Tomorrow I plan to work on the prospectus and a few other things. Janie is about to get the hang of playing Sudoku. I bought a small book of Sudoku puzzles a few years ago and only worked a few of them. Janie found the book recently and she has been enjoying it. She is getting pretty good at it. God bless you.

No comments: