Saturday, October 23, 2010

Where did the Week Go?

I last blogged on Tuesday and here it is Saturday.  Where did the week go?  We went over to Henderson on Wednesday night and spent Thursday morning with my mother.  We took her to Lowe's to pick out carpet for her house we then took her out to eat.  She had lost her glasses and ordered some new ones.  She called me today and said she found them under the bed covers at the foot of the bed.  After a good visit with her we returned to my in-law's house where I left Janie and headed over to the state park to meet my brothers.  We hiked Thursday afternoon and then enjoyed supper together which consisted of chow mien and rice.  It was really good.  Ralph and Steve both had tents that would sleep 4 so I did not set mine up.  We talked well into the night and then bedded down for a good nights rest.  The park is on a power plant lake and we could hear the power plant off in the distance.  Every hour or so a train could be heard approaching the plant.  It did not bother our sleep we all had a good night.  I had brought an air mattress and it was very comfortable.  

We had fried Spam and pancakes for breakfast and then took off hiking.  We hiked around the shore line of the lake and the weather was perfect.  It had rained during the night and was still cloudy.  We left the shore line to hike the actual trail.  We were not on the trail long before we encountered a man on a bicycle.  He worked for PBS helping to produce a show called Texas Parks and Wildlife.  He met us later at our camp site where he interviewed us on camera about our thoughts on the park and its trails.  He also took video of us hiking the trail and left with us some DVD's of the show he helps to produce.  After parting ways with this TV producer we headed off for another hike and the trail was really good and very easy. 

While I was with my brothers my brother-in-law, Steve, called me on my cell phone.  He told me he had fallen and hurt himself.  He had to be taken by a neighbor to the hospital where it took 2 stitches to close the wound.  He asked me to pray for him about that and some other things. 

I left my brothers at the camp site mid afternoon on Friday and headed for home.  We got home Friday night and this morning went to the district ladies auxiliary meeting.  The program was excellent. It was a skit that had a character who was carrying around a cardboard image of Jesus.  A mother and her son were the actors and they did a good job.  Her little girl was sitting near the front and when she kept calling her son "Jerry" in the skit the little girl called out to her mother "Mama that's not Jerry!!!"  Everyone laughed.

Janie is taking a nap.  I stayed up to work on the sermon for Sunday night and I have it all ready to go.  I also studied the Sunday School Lesson and have it ready.  The sermon for Sunday morning will be from the Psalms.  I am going to wait for it to stop raining then I will awaken Janie and head for the gym.  The first picture is of my brothers by the lake, the second of Steve cooking our supper, and the third of my brothers on the trail.  God bless you.

No comments: