Monday, October 11, 2010

Ok, I'm Back

My sister Jean, Me, my brothers Steve and Ralph at the Nutt family reunion
I have been absolutely too busy to blog.  I mean not even 60 seconds of spare time for it. Sunday I got up at 6:00 and went to bed at midnight.  It was non stop all day.  After church we took a young lady home.  She lives 30 minutes from the church way out in the country.  That took us an hour of driving.  We grabbed a quick hamburger and then rushed to the hospital to check on one of our church members who had been taken to the emergency room right after church services.  We went from the hospital to the nursing home for services there then back to the house.  We gathered our things and went to the evening services.  The deacon's meeting after services was very long and so I missed most of the choir practice.  We got home about 8:30 and then we had a visit from a widow whom our church helped with a love offering.  She came by bringing us some homemade bread to thank us for the offering.  She was deeply thankful and really needed the help.  We will share the bread with our ladies Bible study group tomorrow. 
Me and No. 9, Elijah at the family reunion
Saturday was filled with the family reunion.  We went to bed at 3:00 Saturday morning.  I was working on my computer and figuring out how to use my new cell phone while Janie worked on financial things for her mother.  We got up at 8:00 to cook the food we would take to the reunion.  It was not well attended in my opinion.  It was good to visit with those who were there.  After the reunion we return to my in-law's house and visited with them and our daughters and their families.  We went back to Hillsboro by way of our youngest daughter's house.  They have it all decorated for the Fall season and it looks really nice.  We ate supper together and the returned home to Hillsboro.  I stayed up till midnight reviewing my sermons and lesson for Sunday. 
My son-in-laws and Sarah
Friday I took my father-in-law to the doctor's office.  I took a walk with Janie afterward.  We then went into town to buy the food we would need for the reunion and to upgrade Janie's cell phone.  We got to the cell phone store 1 minute before closing time.  The lady was at the door with the key when she saw us drive up.  She waved at us to come on in so we did.  We were there for an hour and a half.  After getting Janie a new phone we decided to upgrade mine as well.  Janie likes a pretty phone and I like a practical phone.  Hers is pretty yet up to date.  Mine is an Iphone and I like it a lot.  We gave our old phones to Stacie and Scott. 
Planning next year's reunion, mother and her sister Maxine on this side and my uncle A.T. Nutt and his wife June on the other side
Well that catches you up with what we have been up to.  My sister Jean came to the reunion and it was good to see her. She invited mother to come and live with her in Denver.  Mother told her no.  I think that is for the best.  I advised mother that she should keep her independence as long as she can and as long as she is able.  I got tickled with mother a little.  She rebuked me for not coming by to see the carpet she had installed with her own hands on her back porch.  I told her that I was sorry about that and said that I should have told my father-in-law that his doctor's appointment would have to wait because my mother needs me to see her carpet.  Mother smiled and patted me on the back and said "I understand."  I could tell by her expression that she understood indeed.  It is past leaving time for the nursing home service this morning so I must run. God bless you.

No comments: