Friday, October 8, 2010

A Cappella

The Nutt Reunion from three years ago.
I got up this morning and checked my emails while I was eating breakfast.  Our music director had sent Janie the songs for Sunday.  Among those songs was one called "God Give Us Christian Homes."  I could not remember how the tune went so I googled it and found a choir singing it.  The choir was about the same size as our choir.  They sang the song very well and "a cappella." If you want to argue the spelling of the word or words that mean "without musical instruments" just go to this website http://www.singers.com/a-cappella.html and take it up with them.  Anyway, I notice that this choir only had three male members.  Our choir has only three.  I wonder why our churches, for I have found this to be the case, have fewer men attending than women.  I know that as a rule women outlive men and that could account for it but when you look at the crowd at a baseball game its not that way.  It leads me to believe that on a whole women are smarter than men for "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge." 
I am taking my father-in-law to the doctor's office in Longview this morning.  They may be taking a biopsy if the sore on his gum has not healed after taking antibiotics for the past two weeks.  Janie will be with her mother at the beauty shop in Tyler.  We are going to have to go to town this evening to get what we need for food to take to the reunion.  We will cook it Saturday morning and then head over to Carthage for the reunion.  God bless you.

No comments: