Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekbegin

The blank tombstone picked out for my father-in-law's grave
Weekend has its own word.  It is used so often because most people look forward to it.  They want their week of toil to end and when it does its happy time.  This moment is so popular that it has its own unique name, "weekend."  But to me week beginning is the better time.  When you write it as one word "weekbegin" the computer underlines it in red and says there is no such word.  If people looked forward to the beginning of the week more than they do the end then you would be hearing on everyone's lips "weekbegin" hurray!  The week begins much better than it ends.  Saturday is a day off for a lot of people as is Sunday.  The "weekend" gets two days and not one.  "Weekbegin" could have two days as well.  Sunday and Monday.  Sunday to worship God and then Monday to begin work.  "Weekend" celebrates the cessation of work and the beginning of rest.  "Weekbegin" celebrates the return to work. Weekend tends to be selfish and weekbegin tends to be unselfish.  When working we usually are doing for others and when playing and resting we are usually doing for ourselves.  It is more blessed to give than to receive.  It better to serve than to be served. So how about joining in with me and lets make "weekbegin" the more popular word.

Janie and her sister helping their mother order a tombstone.
Saturday we took my mother-in-law to Cushing, Texas to pick out and order a tombstone for my father-in-law's grave.  The process went very well and the price was much less than what we had expected. It should be delivered in two months. While there we met a family who was picking out a tombstone for their 31 year old son who had died of Strep throat.  He left behind a three month old baby.  It made me count my blessings.

We have had a great weekbegin so far.  Our attendance was up Sunday morning and night. We had the observance of the Lord's Supper and there is no better way to start your week than to remember what Christ did for you at Calvary.  I have a busy week ahead.  There is way more work to do than I can get done.  I don't know what to do to get caught up.  I thought about staying up all night but would that be wise?  I tend to think not.  Well I shall prioritize my work and get started.  God bless you.

No comments: