Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Forward

Janie putting new flowers on her father's grave with her mother
I set the clocks that have to be set forward one hour this morning.  I thought I might lose the hour during the day instead of an hour of sleep tonight.  It is not working out that way though.  I have now stayed up to my normal bedtime so I will lose the hour of sleep anyway.  Janie and I went to the outlet mall here in Hillsboro today.  They had a special crafts and antiques show going on.  There were a lot of people there and it was good to see the parking lot half full of cars.  The mall has gone down a lot and many of the stores are vacant.  I would love to see their business pick up.  I got in my French lesson and Janie did too.  I worked on things for Sunday and watched a little news here and there.  I am praying for the people in Japan.  I can't imagine what it must be like to be in the middle of such destruction and loss of life.  It has made me want to get some things in order here at our house just in case such a disaster hit here.
I have turned my attention to writing my Thesis and away from the research and reading that I was doing.  I like the writing part better than the research.  I will repent of this and get back to what I should be doing and that is reading, reading, reading.  It has been a good day and I hope all of our church members remembered to change their clocks.  God bless you.

No comments: