Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pie Pie

Mother's homemade apple pie.
Janie and my mother admiring the rose garden
Mother's new Rose garden
We did some more work this morning on our taxes.  I say we because Janie joined in and helped.  I think we are done but we are going to give it a couple of days and then review it one more time.  We headed out for Henderson by way of our church's missionary treasurer's house to drop off Jason's monthly report. 
Cookies in the house
We stopped in Corsicana at the fruitcake factory and bought a box of assorted cookies.  Janie drove most of the way this time while I worked.  We stopped in Tyler at Bed Bath and Beyond to pick something up for my mother-in-law.  We then stopped by my mother's house to see her new Rose garden.  She insisted that we come in and have a piece of apple pie.  We did and it was good. 
My mother-in-law's homemade pie
Wal-mart was our next stop so Janie could get her new glasses adjusted.  My mother-in-law was getting ready to cook some steak when we got to her house.  We had brought a load of frozen foods for her freezer and with those put away first thing Janie joined in to help her cook supper.  The steak was very tender and good.  She had also made 2 pies so we cut into one of those and it was outstanding.  Now we normally don't eat much in the way of sweets but today we have had 2 pies and cookies.  I will take a long walk tomorrow to ease my conscience.  I am not sure what tomorrow will bring but I hope to get some reading done and my French lesson.   God bless you.

No comments: