Monday, March 28, 2011

Mission Accomplished

Janie and I with Dr. Cloud and his wife Sandra
Our missions emphasis month at church ended today.  The services were really good.  Dr. Randy Cloud preached an outstanding sermon on missions.  He also gave a report and it was all good.  We took up over $800 for ABA missions which was really good for our small church.  Janie and I took the Clouds out to eat after church and enjoyed a good visit with them.  The services went well tonight and I cut them short so we could get to the funeral home for a family visitation.
Presenting Dr. Cloud with our special mission offering
Saturday morning one of our church members died.  That makes two in one week. This one was completely unexpected.  I will preach at the nursing home in the morning and then will have lunch at the church with the family of the man who died.  The funeral will be at 1:00 in the afternoon.  This will be the 70th funeral I have preached since I came to Hillsboro.  This is the 4th funeral I have preached this year.  I was just thinking about how the number of funerals compares to the number of souls that I have seen saved while I have been here in Hillsboro.  Janie and I named 17 that were saved since we came here and we are sure that is not all. There are a number of others that said they were saved about whom we have doubts.  That would mean I see an average of 8 buried a year and only an average of 2 saved a year.  I sure wish those numbers were reversed.  Maybe this year will be better with fewer deaths and more souls saved. 
This is going to be a busy week and I may not find time to blog.  I expect my new laptop to arrive next week.  It was suppose to be here Thursday but when I last checked it still had not been shipped.  I need to head for bed. It is Monday already. God bless you.

No comments: