Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Two Funerals

Elijah
We had two funerals today.  The first was one of our church members and I officiated the service.  We ate with the family at noon at our church.  The ladies of our church prepared a wonderful meal.  I preached a sermon which told those present how they can have God's forgiveness for their sins.  I told them from God's word how they can be pardoned, justified, made righteous, and be saved.  It is a message that everyone needs to hear.  Believers have responded to the drawing of the Holy Spirit of God and have been saved.  You will not be saved unless the Holy Spirit of God convicts you of your sin.  You will not come to God unless you are drawn.  God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.  God wants you to be saved.  If you are feeling guilty and are afraid of facing God in judgment then go to the one and only Savior, Jesus Christ.  Confess your sinful state and ask him to have mercy on your soul.  He is waiting to hear from you now.
Hannah's Birthday Bike revealed
I have gotten a lot done so far this week but you would not know it by the list of things I have left to do.  The lawn needs to be mowed which I may do in the morning.  My mother's hot water heater is leaking and I expect I will have to replace it.  We talked to Jason and Angie this afternoon which made me want to get back to my French lessons.  I have not worked at all on my thesis this week so Friday I hope to see some progress on that project.  My garage needs to be cleaned out in the worst kind of way.  These things wait as I do those things which the Holy Spirit places in my path insisting that His work come first.
Tomorrow we head for Henderson and work awaiting us there.  God bless you.

No comments: