Friday, May 1, 2009

Delegate


It helps children when adults delegate. We needed to trim some limbs off of a tree and I got the ladder out and as I was setting it up my grandson asked enthusiastically "Can I help?" to which I replied "Yes you can and I am glad to hear such enthusiasm in your voice." I had him to climb the ladder and start sawing. He was going very slowly and was getting discouraged with his progress. I asked him if he could see any saw dust and he affirmed that he could. As long as you see saw dust your making progress. I finally stepped in and helped him out and down came the limbs. I gave the saw back to him and he cut the limb into smaller pieces while his sister dragged them off. The pictures are of Joshua and Ruth at work on the limbs.

Clint had a pretty good day today. They are going to try to let him breath on his own and we are hoping that will go well. Keep praying for him and please don't forget for he has many obstacles ahead of him on his way to recovery. Don't forget the blood drive May 17th at Walnut Street Baptist Church from noon to 6.

We are in Henderson and will head back to Hillsboro on Saturday morning. There are some projects that we need to take care of here in Henderson before we go home. This last picture is of my grand daughter Hannah and grandson Jonathan. Right before I took this picture he was patting on the bench and saying "Papa Papa" over and over. I had to stop the work that I was doing and have a seat. I would not have done this for my children but as a grandfather I feel compelled to drink in every precious moment with my grand children. God bless you.

No comments: