Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Some Assembly Required


We picked up my brother last night at the train station. The train was an hour late and so we got home at 3:00 in the morning. The Ladies Bible study went well and the chocolate pies which sister Thelma made were excellent.

Clint came through his surgery well. They have grafted some of his own skin onto his chest. His fever is under control and he seems to be doing well. Please continue to pray for him.

We took my brother home to Henderson this afternoon and are now at my in-law's house. She had another cabinet for us to assemble and put in place (see the pictures). We went by and visited with my mother and next week she will be going with us back to Hillsboro. My sister is coming in from Colorado and will drive my mother back to Henderson the Sunday we have the blood drive for Clint.
We will be back in Hillsboro tomorrow. I have a visit to make at one of the nursing homes and then will work on the sermon for Wednesday night. I have not chosen a text for Sunday morning but I have 2 in mind. I will make that choice tomorrow and get started on that sermon. We have a special service at our church Thursday afternoon at 5:00 for the national day of prayer. Friday should find me finishing up my prospectus finally. Once it is proof read and corrected I will turn it in. God bless you.

No comments: