Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy Days


I have not blogged for many days. Just too busy. I took this picture of my father-in-law last Friday while he was taking one of his cancer treatments. I had a good day with him and he seemed to be feeling good.
Sunday was great and Monday was really good. I spent several hours in my office at the church on Monday getting some studying done. I walked over to the church taking the long route. I walk down to the hospital and then over one block and went under the freeway. I crossed over the hill on top of which is Hill College. It was 80 degrees and sunny. It took me 45 minutes to get there. I really enjoyed the study time and have the sermon for this next Sunday about ready to go. I will finish typing it up tomorrow. I plan to be finished with the prospectus tomorrow and will print it out and put it in a binder for turning in on Friday. It will not have been proof read as extensively as I would have liked but I am up against a wall so will go with what I have.

We had the Ladies Bible study at the parsonage this morning and thoroughly enjoy it. We are going over what the Bible says about end time events and it is thrilling to think that the Lord may be coming soon. I plan to preach on this subject some more this summer so stay tuned.

I have discovered today that the ABA national meeting falls on the day I have jury duty. We may have to miss the first day of the meeting which is the best day to miss for most of the important business is taken care of on Wednesday.

We just got back from the services in Waco and had a good time there. One of the ladies gave us some produce out of her garden and we will sure enjoy those fresh veggies. They are still looking for a pastor and I pray God will send them a good one.

I am going to work on the church bulletin now and then head for bed. The lady who has been publishing our bulletin for the past year has resigned and someone else has stepped up to take her place. Thursday I have a meeting in Corsicana to go over the articles of agreement for our Local Baptist association with the other committee members. After that meeting we will head to Henderson to help out there. I hope to spend Friday afternoon with Bro. Davis but so far I have not been able to reach him by phone. May have to try for next week. While I have been blogging here it has been raining cats and dogs. There was some hail mixed with it and a lot of thunder. God bless you.

No comments: