Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another Surgery


Clint had another skin graft surgery today and he came through it just fine. His father called me this morning as he was headed for the hospital. He called me again after the surgery was over. I feel for him and for his wife as this whole experience has shaken their whole world. This picture is one I took of me baby sitting at the blood drive. This little girl's grand parents were in the chairs giving blood at the time and she kept me company.

Janie and I did not try to go up to Dallas for the surgery but went ahead with our plans for the day. We had Bible study here at the parsonage and then went down to Waco to pick up the driver's seat of the bus. It is the last seat to be recovered and it looks great. I felt like it would be good to take a break so after picking up the bus seat we went out to eat and saw a movie. We have dropped the seat off at the bus and are now back home. I have grand jury duty Thursday and after I am dismissed we will go to Henderson to help out there and Saturday morning we will take my sister back to the airport. We plan to stop by Parkland Hospital while we are in Dallas Saturday to check on Clint.
I am planning to preach a sermon Sunday on the great tribulation. We will be in the book of Second John this Wednesday night. I would encourage everyone to begin reading and studying what the Bible tells us about the future. The time of Jacob's trouble is drawing near. Please make sure you are ready. God bless you.

No comments: