Sunday, August 31, 2008

Duct Tape

This picture is of my dad holding our grandson Jonathan who is now 10 months old. Life is kind of like the duct tape that is on my car right now it is very temporary. I never would have thought on the day this picture was taken that we would be having his funeral before Jonathan was a year old.
The plastic underneath our car sagged and began to drag the ground on our way to the church tonight. The deacon who helped to duct tape the bus took some duct tape and made a temperary fix on the car so we could get it home. It held up very well and I will go in the morning to see about getting the permanent fix done if they are open on labor day. I have been asked to post some pictures of the car but have not taken any yet. I will get a picture before they fix it and try to get it posted here.

I will preach at the nursing home at 1o in the morning and then preach a grave side service at 11. I plan to take the bus in for inspection if the shop is open on labor day if not I will get it done on Wednesday. Sunday I plan to preach about the suffering of our Savior preparing the people to observe the Lord's Supper Sunday night. Tomorrow afternoon will be spent getting ready for Wednesday night. The 4 1/2 hour drive down to Moss Hill will be spent in preparing the Sermon for Sunday while my wife drives. I will be driving the truck back. That means Janie will have to drive 9 hours in one day. I have done this before but she never has. It will be worth it to have the truck back. Well I am off to bed. God bless you.

No comments: