Monday, August 25, 2008

35th Anniversary


Today is the 35 anniversary of the day I asked Janie to marry me. She said yes of course and my life with her has been wonderful. She is sweet, loving, and affectionate. We, having met on July 11th and our first date on July 21st, only dated for five weeks before becoming engaged. We had both prayed to God and He brought us together. Her mother and my oldest sister were working together at the newspaper office in Henderson and they were responsible for our meeting. I moved back to Texas after living in Massachusetts for ten years. The picture above was taken at her sister's wedding on August 17, 1973. Eight days from when this picture was taken I picked Janie up when she got off work and I took her to the park. We took a walk and I popped the question. She said yes and when we got back to the car I gave her an engagement ring. I also knocked a hole in my muffler that night. Janie was a telephone operator when I met her. She had finished one year of college and was driving a yellow 1973 Opel GT. My father-in-law still has that car parked in his back yard. Janie, I love you, and want to thank you for saying yes! It has been a great 35 years. God bless you.

No comments: