Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Clark Place


I recently took my wife, her 91 year old uncle, and my mother-in-law for a ride. We went to visit a couple of cemeteries where some of their relatives were buried. They told us stories about the various ones who were in each cemetery. As we drove along my wife's uncle would point out a house or an old house site and say "that is the so-in-so place", giving the name of the person who either lived there years ago or who lived there currently. I have often heard property referred to in this way. I have a place in Henderson that I bought 32 years ago. It was the Pierson Place before I bought it. In years to come people will drive by and say that is the Clark place, no longer calling it the old Pierson Place. I have a better place than the one in Henderson. I have a home that is not made with hands. I will live there so long that they will always call it the Clark Place. No one else will own it after me because it will never be taken from me by death. You see I believe that Jesus Christ is my savior. I cried to him while lost in my sin and already condemned. I begged Him to forgive me and to save my soul. He saved me that day and reserved for me a home in heaven. It waits for me even now. I long to see that "Clark Place" which Jesus has reserved for me. The picture is of my old tractor out there on the old Clark Place. She is a Ford 1700, 2 cylinder diesel. I bought her used back in 1982.

This week is stacking up to be another busy one. I hope to see my brothers and sisters in Christ down at Hewitt this week. I have missed visiting with them. They have been so kind to me and they are such a joy to be around, just like the folks at Walnut Street. Bro. Davis asked me last week if I would go in view of a call to Pleasant Hill MBC. I told him I would think and pray about it. They are good people and I have fond memories of bringing up my children in that Church with Bro. Davis as our pastor. We were there for 18 years. I did prayerfully consider the prospect but told him Friday that I would not. I strongly believe that I am where the Lord wants me to be. Things are going very well at our church now and it has taken some 5 1/2 years to get to this point. People are responding to God's call to service and have rolled up their sleeves and gone to work. It is truly a joy to pastor such a people who want to work for Jesus.

I plan to travel over to Henderson again this week but on Wednesday this time. I want to attend the opening day at TBI, my old seminary. I need to get with the President of the school about some things and I want to encourage my nephew and my son-in-law as they begin their school year. I hope to get our churches school bus serviced and ready to go and also our church van needs some work so will take it in for repairs. I am so looking forward to our midweek Bible School. With plenty of workers and lots of kids it should be a huge success. We had six souls saved last year and it is my prayer we will have more this year and maybe get some of the parents to come as well.

I have deacons meeting to attend tonight and expect that to go well. We will have business meeting next Sunday where I fully expect to be able to call my daughter as is my custom and say those famous words "I survived another one." God bless you.

1 comment:

abainfrance said...

That picture is a familiar sight.