Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthday


Today was my birthday. It was a good day. The congregation of residents at the nursing home sang happy birthday to me. I had led the singing and turned the service over to the one who was to deliver the message and that is when they suprised me with the song. I had a few phone calls and a lot of birthday cards. My son sent me a gift card from Gander Mountain that had this picture on it. This picture was taken a couple of years ago when I went out to hike with my brother in California. We are standing at the Mexican border at the start of the Pacific Crest Trail. After I have redeemed the card I may do as my son suggested and make a refrigerator magnet out of it. I am 55 years old and really it does not feel any different than 50 or even 40. I get stiff if I sit too long but I enjoy walking and hiking and try to walk at least an hour every day.
I received a call from Lebus Mfg. company. The man who was my replacement as the supervisor in the Die Shop called with a software problem. I had him to email me over the files involved and I fixed the problem and sent it back to him. It was good to hear from them. The lead man that I worked with for so many years is going to retire in December after 43 years with the company. I hope to be able to go over and be there for his retirement party. Their business is good and there have been many changes in the past 5, almost 6, years since I left to move to Hillsboro. I am a little amazed that they still use the software that I wrote. I am going to try to go by the plant to see them on Thursday. I will not be able to stay long with them but I do miss the friends that I worked with 5 days a week for some 27 years.
Sunday was a great day and it is raining right now and cool. We will be going over to Henderson to help my daughter and son-in-law move to Moss Hill. I think I mentioned before that I have some banking business to take care of for my mother while I am there. God bless you.

No comments: