Friday, August 29, 2008

Good Deeds


I spent yesterday afternoon with my father in the ministry Bro. Davis. I went with him to pick up his car that was in the shop and it was not ready so we went back to his house to work on a couple of plumbing projects. While I was working on that Janie was at our house in Henderson doing some cleaning there when a man came to the door wanting a ride into town. Janie had no car with her at the time because I had dropped her off on my way to see Bro. Davis. She told him she could not help him that he might try one of the houses on down the road. He then asked if he could come into the house and change clothes but Janie refused that request as well. The man left and Janie locked the door and called me. I was worried of course but the Lord took care of her. She will not open the door to a strange man again. After finishing the pluming job at Bro. Davis's house and picking up his car I return to our house in Henderson and helped Janie clean up around there. We had supper together and went grocery shopping for her mother. Had a good nights rest and that was how I spent my day off. Good deeds are how we are to love one another. We are to love in deeds not words. The picture is of my youngest daughter doing a good deed helping with the dishes at her grandparents house.
I will go by TBI today for some doctoral work there and then go see my mother. My younger brother said he would be coming over to mow her yard this afternoon so I will get to see him as well. He said he would help me to crank my tractor and I will use it to mow the yard at my house. It is grown up real bad and I need to move the trailer that is in the yard to a safer place. I am worried about the yard looking junky for you can be fined if you have trash piled up on your property. I want to get it cleaned up as soon as possible it would look bad for my name to be in the Henderson paper as having been issued a fine for trash on property. I will burn trash today and when I return next week I will bury the ashes and smooth over the back yard. In a few weeks it should all look real good. I fixed a roof leak yesterday while it was raining. That is the best time for fixing a roof cause you can see where the leak is. The house needs lots of work and I will take it a little at a time. We will be back in Hillsboro tonight and I have an appointment with a bus tomorrow morning early to repair its seats.

I plan to preach from a text (1 John 3:18-24) that Jason talked to me about on Wednesday. It really caught my attention and I have not been able to put it out of my mind. I will put the finishing touches on it tomorrow and it should be ready to go. God bless you.

No comments: