Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Handicap Parking


Some laws ought not to have to be. The law that says you are not to park in a handicap parking spot if you are not handicaped is just such a law. People ought to think of others and when you are healthy and mobile then you ought to park farther away letting those who are less mobile have the closest ones. At our church we do not have spots marked for handicap parking and at church you certainly should not need them. There are several laws like this on the books that are inacted just to make people do what they ought to do out of common curtesy. What is your motivation for not parking in a handicap parking place. If you don't park there because it is against the law then you need to rethink your motives. You ought to do it out of love and compassion for those less fortunate than yourself. On the new earth were there will be no more sea there will also be no more handicap parking. No such laws will be needed there not only because there will be no handicaped people there but because people there will do that which is right out of a pure motive of love. I think I shall start working on my motives now so I will be ready for then.

I have not felt well today. I can not put my finger on the problem just not feeling 100%. I ate some chicken soup for lunch and I think that helped. At seven I am suppose to pray at the city counsel meeting so I will get my tie on and head that way in a little bit. I am glad that I live in a town that still has public prayer. I pray at the school board meetings and at the county comissioner's court meetings. They need prayer and our city certainly does.
The tropical storm ED... is begining to impact us here in Hillsboro. It has clouded up and is cooling down. The wind is picking up and I hope we get a good rain. The picture is of my father and I remodeling my house in Henderson back in 2001. God bless you.

No comments: