Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happiness


I like the following definition of happiness: Happiness is not doing what you like but liking what you do. If what you do is pleasing to God it is twice blessed. You like doing it and God likes you doing it. God is thus happy and so are you. I love pastoring a church. It allows me to serve God in so many special ways. I get to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with lost people who so desperately need the Lord. I get to teach others how to share the Gospel. I get to tell people about the future and warn them of what is about to befall this earth. I get to help people when they are in trouble. But you know when I was a deacon that allowed me to do the same things. And you know before I was a deacon I was allowed to do the same things. So happiness does not depend upon your title, it depends upon your attitude and upon doing God's will. As I write this blog Janie is helping our daughter with thankyou notes. They seem to be having fun with it.

Janie and I will head over to Henderson this afternoon and spend the night with her parents. I will go over to Bro. Davis's house and spend some time there which will make us both happy. I plan to also go by to see my mother on Friday. Saturday is Janie's uncle's 91st birthday. We want to make that day special for him and will spend that morning with him, which will make him happy, before heading back to Hillsboro. The picture is of my grandson Caleb and a friend over in Paris, France. Be happy and God bless you.

No comments: