Saturday, August 23, 2008

Spam for Breakfast


I am having a spam sandwich for breakfast. That seems odd but it is noon and I have not eaten since I got up this morning so this is breakfast for me. We got back early this morning from helping my daughter and son-in-law move. The picture is one I took with my phone at the barber shop. I took my father-in-law to the barber and on the way he asked me if there were any chance that we would see Charlcye. Since she and Janie were in Tyler I answered "no we should not run into her." I wondered what his concern was and he said he had not put his teeth in and if she saw it he would be in trouble. I enjoyed spending time with him and his mind is still as sharp witted as ever. If I make it to 84 I believe that I too will have earned the right to leave my teeth at home.
I met with the Dean at TBI and got lined out on what I will have to do to get my Doctor's degree. I will have to first of all write a 5000 word prospectus. This document will discribe my area of research and the subject matter of my dissertation. Then upon approval of the 5000 word prospectus I will begin my research and study of the "Song of Songs." I will have to write a 50,000 word thesis and will have to site something like a minimum of 60 sources. It will be a lot of work and I have one year to finish the prospectus and two years to finish the dissertation. You can expect that some of my research will find its way into this blog so stay tuned.
We are off to work on some things here at the house and then to get what we need to repair the seats on the bus at church. One of our deacons has volunteered to help with this project and I will call him later on this afternoon to let him know how I made out getting the supplies we will need. I will be preaching from the book of Acts this Sunday. God bless you.

No comments: