Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lebus


I went with my mother this morning to the bank and to Wal-Mart (see picture). After a good visit with her I drove over to Longview to visit Lebus Mfg. Company. It was good to see all my old co-workers. They all seem to be doing just fine. There had been a lot of changes since I left there almost six years ago. I plan to go back again in December for another visit. I have been spending this afternoon working on the sermon for Sunday. After a couple of hours of study I was not making the kind of progress I needed to on the text so I pulled off of that and went looking for another text to preach from this Sunday. I will need a lot more time on the John text, much more time than I have between now and Sunday. I will preach from Acts chapter 12 where Peter was released from prison by an Angel of the Lord. I have intitled the sermon "Unstopable." I will be at TBI tomorrow morning and then helping my daughter and her family move Friday afternoon. Hopefully all will go well. God bless you.

No comments: