Saturday, August 30, 2008

Its Bound to Happen

The longer you live the more you say "its bound to happen." The picture is of my in-laws when they were just starting out in their life togther.

We have put over 51,000 miles on our new car in 15 months. Being on the road that much hitting animals is bound to happen. We hit a deer a few months ago and now we have hit a racoon. This time there has been significant damage to the car and we will have to put it in a body shop to have it repaired. We plan to drive down to Moss Hill to get our truck so we will have transportation while our car is being fixed.


We had a good day today. I spent the morning with one of the deacons of our church and we duct taped the seats on the bus. After lunch I left it with him to finish and went to work on some Bible studies. At one point all of our deacons were at the church working today. Three of them were working on the A/C unit. It looks like they will have it ready to go for Sunday. We found a note at the church left by the cleaning ladies that said they found another snake in the church and that we should check into it. We may have an interesting service if a snake should come crawling through the auditorium during our worship.


There is a major huricane entering the Gulf and I pray that there will be no one hurt by it. Houses and things can be replaced but lives cannot. My daughter and son-in-law are 50 miles inland and do not plan to evacuate at least for now. We will be driving down there about the time it will be hitting that area. It should have lost its punch by then so we will just be slowed down by the rain. There should not be any traffic going down and probably little if any coming back.


We got a lot done in Henderson at the home place. I burned a lot of trash and my brother moved the trailer for me. He came to late for me to do any mowing with the tractor but things are looking better there. We plan to spend a few more hours next week on it and try to keep making progress. I will take my mower over next week since I will have the truck and get the yard mowed. I can also crank the tractor and start dealing with the heavier items that will need to be moved. Going to try to get some firewood week after next to be ready for cool weather. The main source of heat in the house is a woodburning stove.


I have changed my mind on the text for Sunday morning. I came across a sermon by Bro. Davis that was really exciting to me and will preach that tomorrow. I have my sermon ready also for the nursing home on Monday morning and for the funeral which I have right afterward. The only thing I lack right now is to finish up the sermon for Sunday night but that will not take long. God bless you.

No comments: