Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Lord's Day

We had good services this morning though our attendance was down our spirits were up. My oldest daughter called and said they had 25 in services today and they were excited about this increase in attendance. Hopefully they will continue to grow.

Janie and I will help with the nursing home services Monday morning and are scheduled to meet with one of the ladies of our church to show her how to publish our church bulletin. Tuesday night we will meet with the church in Hewitt for midweek services which were postponed from last week due to a storm. Thursday we head for Biloxi for my niece's wedding on Saturday. It will be a long drive back to Hillsboro Saturday night and we should arrive back home about 4:00 Sunday morning. Then the following Thursday we will pack for our trip to Spokane. We will bring food for our breakfasts and lunches and will try to eat out for supper so we can have some veggies to round out our diet. I dread this trip but believe it is of God that we go.
The picture is of Joshua, my grandson, on the trail. I believe that the hiking poles were more of a nuisance to him than a help. I expect we may leave those at home next time. This picture was taken about a quarter of a mile from the start of the trail. God bless you.

No comments: