Monday, June 23, 2008

Good message


Janie and I went to the nursing home for a visit and to help in the worship services there. I led the singing and a lady from First Baptist brought a lesson from the book of Acts. Her message was real good. Afterward we help the people line up for the elevator and a lady said to me "I really enjoyed our message today." I did not want to confuse her so I just said "I'm so glad that you did." Another lady we visited, who is over 90 years old and confined to bed, said she was just talking to her mother and asked if we knew that "This place" is going to burn up. I told her that I was glad she had spoken to her mother and that I knew for sure that "This place" is going to burn up. (2 Peter 3:10) One might say that she was out of her mind when she said she had just been talking with her mother but I am not so sure.

We will be going over to Henderson Wednesday night. I will be taking my father to a doctor's appointment Thursday morning. He is going to get the results of the tests they ran on him last Friday. Janie plans to take her mother to the beauty shop Friday morning and we will return home Friday night. My nieces husband will be preaching at our church this Sunday night and I am looking forward to that. We will be in Waco for a Bible study there tomorrow night and I plan to go down early enough to donate blood and to do a little shopping. The picture is of my wife and me with our two older children and my mother. God bless you.

No comments: