Friday, June 27, 2008

Hot

This picture, of Janie and I with my parents, was taken at my parents 60th wedding anniversary 2 years ago.
It was hot today. The thermometer in my car said it was 100 when I left my nieces house this afternoon. My brother-in-law and I worked out in the hot sun for several hours to get a trailer house hooked up to electricity. We got the job done and though I tried to drink plenty of water and sit in the shade to cool off I still got too hot. I still have a headache but am feeling better now that I have had a shower and eaten supper. It took longer than we expected mostly because of the four foot deep hole 12 inches in diameter that we had to dig. The auger was not as fast as I had expected it to be. Janie and I will head back to Hillsboro in the morning and I will spend the afternoon putting the finishing touches on the sermon for Sunday. I will be preaching on the subject "A people of Faith." It is about the people who have been saved and will be saved. Our text will be taken from my favorite passage of scripture. I have studied the Sunday School lesson already and it will be a good one. Sunday night we will have a visiting preacher who is my brother's son-in-law. I am looking forward to hearing him preach. I feel sure that the people at church will like him.
I am going to take my headache to bed now. God bless you.

No comments: