Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Telephone

This picture is of a very dear friend of mine who past away recently. I miss him very much. Bro. Troy Fred Lewis was an exceptionally good deacon, confidant, and friend.
The Telephone is a great invention. Just think how it has revolutionized and changed our society. A man somewhere in the world found my name and phone number on the internet. He was using a search engine to find out how to become a missionary. He said that my name was the only pastor's name that came up which had a phone number. So he called me wanting to know how to become a missionary. I questioned him at length about his salvation and church affiliation. Upon knowing were he was in his spiritual journey I began to explain how one becomes a missionary and what a missionary is and does. It was a long converstation and I enjoyed sharing what the Bible teaches about this subject. He seemed to have a major problem with christmas trees and a problem with being connected with a church. He was looking for a perfect church and I told him there was none. If as a missionary he started one it would not be perfect to which he agreed. I think I helped him. I believe God sent him to me, that is why I took the time to talk to him. I encouraged him to seek out a local church in his city and I pray that he will.

I was on the phone at length with a pastor who was interested in the church in Hewitt where we will be tonight. I really liked him and think he would be the perfect one for them. He is my age and thinks like I think when it comes to pastoring a church.

I was on the phone with the shop that is working on my truck. It had them puzzled but they think they have found the problem and will have it fixed.

I was on the phone with a faithful brother in Christ who has volunteered to teach at camp. I, as does the Lord, love volunteers. It has truly been a blessed day. God bless you.

No comments: