Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Dull Moment.


Things are busy here at the ABA meeting. The committee meeting was very heated. There was much discussion about the standing committee and its power. There were some bad things said about one or two of the missionaries and they were left off the list of recommended missionaries. Lets just say there has not been a dull moment yet. I expect the main meeting will be very exciting. Right now there is a preacher defending his ministry. I know him and have seen him work. He is a good man and the accusations against him are unfounded. I expect He will be recommended, and he was overwhelmingly. We got the booth set up and ready. We ate lunch in the car cause we needed the energy to hall all the display stuff to the exhibit hall. It was a long walk and next time I will bring a dolly. There were some things done and said at the meeting that raised my ire. Churches were called by name and the amount they sent to missions was given. This was done to imply that they were taking advantage of the ABA. These churches received more from the ABA in help for their missionaries than they give to the ABA. Telling this information was not right and should not have been done. It served no good purpose. God hates the act of sewing discord among brethren. And as far as I can tell that is all that this did. I will pray for these brethren that they will repent.

Tomorrow will be the big session. A lot of business will take place and 2 of the amendments I will oppose. They want to force churches to send to the ABA the 20 percent or else their missionary will not receive support. This is not right and I hope it will be voted down. We shall see. God bless you.

No comments: