Friday, June 13, 2008

Drafting


We have made it to Dalhart, Texas. I drove most of the way and when I could I drafted an 18 wheeler. I got behind one that was going 60 miles per hour and that was just perfect. When we arrived at the hotel here we had averaged 46 mpg. Janie drove for a couple of hours and I took a short nap. I try not to run the A/C any more than I have to because it cost us about 3 mpg when we do. We had a spam sandwich on the road for lunch and we have brought along some microwaveable meals for supper. The hotel room is nice and has a microwave and a small refrigerator. We drove about 500 miles today and made only 2 stops. One was a brief walk through in Cabela's where I bought a hat. The other was for a milk shake and enjoyed that probably because it was 100 degrees outside. Janie will do some work on the internet and I will do some studying before we retire for the evening. Keep us in your prayers. God bless you.

No comments: