Monday, November 30, 2009

Two and One


I preached 2 sermons and attended 1 retirement party today. The plumber and his helper showed up on time this morning and got right to work fixing the leak under the slab. We also had a stopped up drain line and they fixed that while here. The broken line was a 1/2 inch line that ran from the closet where the hot water heater is over to the kitchen sink. They ran a new line in a ditch from the main line in the front of the house to the side where the kitchen is. They brought the line up out of the ground and into the wall behind the kitchen sink. All is well with the plumbing now and our water bill should be back to normal.

There were about 50 people at the nursing home service this morning and about 75 at the funeral which I preached this afternoon. It was an exceptionally sad funeral for you could tell that the woman who had died was greatly loved. Her husband and her five sons were all in tears nearly through the whole service.

I worked this afternoon on the ladies Bible study lesson for in the morning. I will be presenting the seventh trumpet post tribulation pre-wrath rapture position. I plan to preach on this in the spring of next year.

My oldest daughter called last night thinking that I had made a mistake on my Tribman blog. She has been under the impression that "K" was a man so when I put "K" in a wedding dress she thought I made a mistake. I had been concealing "K's" gender in the story planning to reveal it in this last episode. It appears I may have done a good job of it.

We are expecting cold and rain for tomorrow and Wednesday. Depending on the weather we may or may not go down to Lorena for church services tomorrow night. They need some more CD's of our services so I plan to burn those tomorrow afternoon.

I chose this picture of the camp fire that my brothers and I had when we went hiking together because it has been cold today and I was constantly thinking about how nice it would be to start a fire. Well its off to bed. God bless you.

No comments: