Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday


Janie's uncle did not and has not felt like getting out and going for a ride. We had a good visit. One of the phone jacks in his house quit working so I called the phone company and they sent a man out to fix it. He must have been in the neighborhood cause he showed up within 10 minutes of my phone call. His physical therapist showed up and put him through his exercises and then left. The phone man had the jack repaired in short order and also left. Since I could not talk him into taking a ride I left him to eat his lunch and headed for Bro. Davis' house.

Bro. Davis was not doing well. He was not physically able to take his Chemo treatment Wednesday. His legs are swelling but not from a blood clot according to the doctor. He is very weak. His wife had a doctor's appointment so I stayed with him while she was gone. I preached my Sunday sermon to him and it met with his approval. It is a Thanksgiving sermon and while I preached it to Bro. Davis it caused me to weep. It took me several minutes to get control of my emotions and I hope that Sunday I will not run into that problem. God has done so much for me and I have done so little for Him.

Janie's parents are doing very well. We will spend the night with them again tonight and then head for home in the morning. You can expect to see on this blog in the next few days some pictures of my adventures with the grand kids. I am going to sign off now and work on the next episode of Tribman. The pictures are ones I took of Janie working on our way to Henderson Wednesday night. She is able to go on line via a cell phone modem and do her work for Sullivan Supply. The back lit keyboard on my laptop comes in handy at night. God bless you.

No comments: