Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Persimmon Cake


I took this picture this afternoon of the cake that I made out of those persimmons we got Sunday. It turned out real good. The cake and the icing were both made from scratch. I pealed the persimmons then grated them into a measuring cup. It took 2 cups of persimmon pulp. Now I need to take this cake to someone so I won't eat it. It is very rich.

The Bible study went well this morning. We expected a small number due to some having doctor's appointments but instead all but one were there. We went over the various views concerning the timing of the rapture of the Saints. Next Tuesday we will start looking at the "Seventh Trumpet, post tribulation/pre-wrath" timing of the rapture.

The second picture here is of Janie and I at the Syrup Festival in Henderson on Saturday. We were waiting for her Sister and brother-in-law's Blue Grass group to sing.

This week, so far, has been a visitation week. We have made a lot of visits and tomorrow I have some more visits planned. I would like to take cake with me tomorrow to leave with those whom I visit. We plan to leave for Henderson Wednesday night. Janie will be taking her mother to the doctor on Thursday and I plan to take my mother out to lunch for her birthday. This last picture is one I took as I headed over to a little town just north of Hillsboro called Itasca for a visit. God bless you.

No comments: