Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Clerking


I am not sure that clerking is a real word. I am one of the two clerks who keep the minutes of our State Association meeting. I am sitting at a table facing about 250 people. They are watching a video so I thought I would blog. The meeting has gone well. Two requests for support were turned down much to my surprise. We will take down the booth tonight after the evening service is over. I should be all through clerking by 9:15 this evening. We are a little bit behind schedule so it might run a little later than that. The pastor who is hosting the meeting looked at his watch this morning at 8:45 and said to me "Twelve and a half hours to go." I knew exactly how he felt.

No one came prepared to invite the 2011 meeting so I spoke up and invited it to Hillsboro. This will be the third time it has met at our church since I have been pastoring there. We have two years to get ready for it so when I get back home I will make a trip to the Chamber of Commerce. We are hosting our local association meeting in October next year. I am hopeful that the church will not tire of hosting meetings.

We will head home in the morning. I have a lot of work to do as does Janie. We plan to go over to Henderson Thursday night and stay for the Syrup festival in Henderson on Saturday. The first picture is of Janie manning Jason's booth at this years meeting. The second is of me at work as the clerk of the MBA of Texas. God bless you.

No comments: