Monday, November 23, 2009

Grandkids Visit


We had a really good day with the grandkids today. They are older now and take care of themselves very well. The older two help take care of the younger two. They were a big help today cleaning up after themselves. They helped clean up the kitchen including sweeping the floor. They actually seem to enjoy working. I am going to miss them when they leave. My daughter and Son-in-law have raised them very well. They have just about worn out the words "Thank You." I don't remember my kids saying "Sir" and "Mam" as much as they do. Joshua did not cook breakfast this morning as planned but did cook supper for us. We had some leftover vegetable lasagna and a salad. Joshua put the lasagna in the oven for 30 minutes and it was ready to go. The picture is of Joshua and Ruth doing the dishes.

I went to the Church office this afternoon for an appointment there. I received a phone call shortly afterward saying that at least part of our pray had been answered. I should not be so shocked every time God answers prayer. He does it all the time but it still fills me with joy. I have another appointment tomorrow afternoon at 1:00 and another at 5:00. God is really working at our church people are being saved and baptised becoming disciples of Jesus Christ.

The kids are in bed and Janie is in our room changing the sheets on our bed. She went to Curves today while the kids and I watched "Horton Hears a Who" and "The Grinch That Stole Christmas." We took a walk (pictured) this afternoon while Janie worked. A neighbor pointed out a water leak in our yard and I have called the plumber in our church to come and take a look at it. He will be here tomorrow to check it out. Our bill has been high but the only sign of water is that which is trickling down the neighbor's driveway coming from our side. Well I had better get ready for bed myself. God bless you.

No comments: