Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New shoes


We made a quick trip over to Mount Pleasant, Texas and then down to Henderson on Tuesday. This morning we went by TBI and paid for our tickets to the alumni banquet. We got home this afternoon after stopping by Sam's Club for a few things and by a sporting goods store to pick up a pair of hiking shoes. My hiking shoes have about 500 miles on them now and they were starting to bother my feet. Its hard to grasp the fact I have walked over 500 miles in less than a year but when you consider I walk about 15 miles a week the miles start to add up. My old shoes were actually running shoes but worked very well for hiking. The pair that I bought today look a lot like the ones I had except for 2 things. These have a hiking boot sole and a wider toe box. I expect to put about 10 miles on them when I hike with my brothers on Friday. I'll try to remember to let you know how they worked out. I have loaded my day Pack (pictured here with my new hiking shoes) for Friday's hike. I have my tent and sleeping bag ready to go and all I lack is gathering what I will need to bring for supper Thursday and Friday night.

Janie will spend Friday taking her parents to Tyler. Her dad has a cancer treatment and her mother a beauty shop appointment. I suppose she will drop her mother off first and then go with her dad to the cancer center. She talked with them this evening. They had an exterminator come and spray their house for bugs. While he was doing that they sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful day. Tuesday night right after we went to bed Janie sat up in a panic saying there was something on her. It turned out to be a lizard. It got away and the exterminator said the spray would not harm him. So if he finds his way into my in-law's bedroom they might have an exciting night. Well, I am going to go load up the car with some of my camping gear. God bless you.

No comments: