Friday, November 13, 2009

Night Walking

My wife and I just got back from taking a walk by flashlight. We walked about a mile and a half down the country road on which my in-law's live. It was cool outside and we talked just about all the way. I remember when we first dated struggling to come up with something about which to talk. Now 36 years later that does not seem to be a problem at all.

We went to see the movie "2012" this afternoon. There were a total of four bad words that I noticed and one obscene gesture all of which could have been left out of the movie and it would have been just as good. The movie was good and had incredible graphics. The end of the world is portrayed and the seventh vial of the wrath of God may look something like the scenes from this movie. When 2012 comes and goes without incident like Y2K people will go back to marrying and giving in marriage, IE business as usual. I did notice that in the movie no mosques were shown being destroyed only Christian and Buddhist sites. I am not a movie critic but I will say I am not disappointed that I went. By the way, I ate half a bag of popcorn while the movie was going, this is a thing I have not done in over 20 years due to food allergies. It was so good. I took Janie out to eat when we got to Henderson and I enjoyed our little date.
This picture is of the officers of State Ladies Auxiliary of the Missionary Baptist Association of Texas. My wife is the one on the far right side of the photo. She is the Second Vice President which means she will have to do a "Workshop" for next year. Usually this is a skit or a speech on some much needed topic related to Christian service. In my opinion Janie is very gifted at doing these and I am anxious to see what she will come up with for next year.
Next Saturday we will be picking up our grandchildren and keeping them through Wednesday. Wednesday night we will take them to Henderson where we will have Thanksgiving with Janie's parents and then return to Hillsboro Thursday night, at least that is the plan right now. I like Thanksgiving. The food and company are always good. I have much for which to be thankful. I responded to a comment left on my last blog post that I am truly blessed. God has done so much for me and I have done so little for HIM. Tomorrow we are off to take in the Henderson Syrup Festival. God bless you.

No comments: