Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day


We had a great Thanksgiving even if we did spend six hours of it driving. We Arrived about 11:30 this morning and there was a massive amount of food there. I fixed my father-in-law's plate and took it to him back at his easy chair. I returned to the kitchen and fixed my own plate then went back to eat with my father-in-law. We were joined by five others for there just was not enough room in the kitchen and dinning area for all 21 of us. I enlisted the help of my two oldest grandchildren to clean up the kitchen. With the help of others we got the kitchen back in order. We took a long walk with my son-in-law and the grandchildren. It was a beautiful day as you can see from the picture above. We returned to Hillsboro and are waiting for my oldest daughter and her family to arrive. They should be here shortly. I am making chicken and dressing for tomorrow's lunch. Our youngest daughter and her husband will be here in the morning. It will be a good time and would really be great if Jason and his family could be with us also. Perhaps through skype they will be able to be a part of the action. This second picture is of my mother-in-law and her brother (Janie's uncle Trenton) enjoying the Thanksgiving meal together. God bless you.

No comments: