Monday, November 16, 2009

Chicken Salad


We started our day with a trip to the nursing home. The services and visits were all good. I took Janie out to eat at a place on the town square that makes really good chicken salad. Instead of the sandwich we had a pile of chicken salad on top of a bed of lettuce and sliced tomato. If you are ever in Hillsboro you should give it a try. The post office was our next stop then back home to get to work. I took a walk while Janie was at Curves. After the walk I took a short nap and then went to work on the lesson for tomorrow's ladies Bible study. I finished decorating the website for sullivansupply.com and cleaned up around the house a bit. The thesis saw no progress today and most likely will see none tomorrow. After ladies Bible study I have some visitation planned and that should take up most of my afternoon. Wednesday should see the Thanksgiving sermon ready to go. I plan to put a hold on the Revelation series just for this Sunday. It is my seventh anniversary at Walnut Street Missionary Baptist Church. I have much for which to be thankful. I am thinking about using the text where the ten lepers were cleansed and only one returned to give thanks.

Tomorrow is my mother's 85th birthday. She is doing well and will get a phone call from me in the morning. I will try to see her on Thursday and maybe take her out to eat. The picture was taken in 1972 of my brother Ralph, me, and Mother. God bless you.

1 comment:

Anastacia Maness said...

Ah, Dad! You're not suppose to talk about food like that. Now you got me craving chicken salad and I don't have any chicken around the house. *sigh*