Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Nicknames


This picture is of my grandson Jonathan right before I threw him (figuratively speaking) out of my chair. It took me years to train my kids to get out of my chair when I entered the room. Now I am training my grandchildren. His nickname is Joe. I call him Joe-nay-thin and Joe for short. Joshua is Yeah-ho-shoe-way, Ruth is Ruffus, Hannah is Banana, Lilia is Lee-la, and Caleb is ka-leeb. I don't have nicknames for Micah and Andrew. The grandkids kept asking me what Elijah's nickname is going to be. I tell them that he will have to earn his nickname. I can't give it to him until I get to know him.
Ladies Bible study went well today and a little bit long. I had some work I had to get done this afternoon and so I set my alarm to remind me. I burned about 20 audio Cd's this afternoon for the church down at Hewitt. This should carry them for the next 4 months. Hopefully they will have a pastor by then. We were scheduled to have services there tonight but chose to postpone due to the rain.

My brothers and I are still planning another hike. We will meet at Tyler State Park at 2:oo pm New Years eve. My oldest brother has reserved us a camping site where we plan to primitive camp. We will do 18 miles on New Years Day then head home on Saturday.

My oldest daughter and her kids will be staying with us for two weeks while her husband is in Paraguay. She will pick him up at the airport on New Years Day. She will have taken him to the airport so I expect she will not have any problems finding her way back to the airport.

Tomorrow will be a long day of work for me. I have a lot to get done before our evening services. Sunday sermon, Sunday School lesson, Sunday night sermon, Thesis, Wednesday night lesson, pack for Henderson, mail off the minute books, email MBA of Texas reports, and change the oil in the car. Not all of these will be completed tomorrow but hopefully they will all be worked on. God bless you.

1 comment:

Anastacia Maness said...

Not to worry Dad. I shouldn't get lost. I can always take mom with me. :) I'll let her navigate.