Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Paul Clark


The Bible says "A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth." (Ecc 7:1) I googled my name and found that there is a Paul Clark VW dealership in south Boston. There is a Paul Clark Ford dealer in Florida. There is a Paul Clark christian music singer from Kansas City. There was a Paul Clark that owned and operated a grocery store here in Hillsboro years ago. He died several years back but I did get to meet his wife. He had a good reputation in town and everyone liked him. It is good when your name brings nice thoughts to people's minds. I strive to be a man of good reputation. I try to keep my word and to be a man of integrity because a good reputation is very worth having.

The day of one's death is better than the day of one's birth. That is true for those who are saved. The day of my death will be better than the day of my birth. My birth began a time of struggle, work, and a mixture of pain and pleasure. My death will begin a time of rest and comfort, a time of fulfillment and satisfaction, a time of peace and absolute joy.

The picture is one I took with my cell phone as I was walking to the nursing home on Monday. Janie and I will head to Henderson tonight after church and return on Friday. God bless you.

No comments: