Thursday, December 10, 2009

Plumbing


I had a good day yesterday with Bro. Davis. We arrived at the Cancer center about 10:30 and he got his lab work done right away. We then went to the waiting area to be called back to see the doctor. We were there until 11:00 when we were called back to the exam room. We waited there until 12:50 when the doctor came in to examine him. He is doing okay. He had a choice to make whether to stop the Chemo treatments and risk having the pain return or put up with the side effects of Chemo and not have the pain. He chose the side effects over the pain so off to Chemo we went. It took about 2 hours to get through with the Chemo therapy. I took them home by way of the pharmacy and got back to their house about 5:00. It was a long day and a very cold and windy one. I tried to walk outside during his treatment but it was just too cold and I did not have a hat. I sat and enjoyed a good visit with them.
The day was perfect weather for the homemade soup my mother-in-law was cooking. I stopped to pick up a few things for her at the grocery store after leaving the Davis' house. I spent the evening visiting with my father-in-law and went to bed early.

Today my assignment was to take Janie's dad to the eye doctor, go to two banks and the grocery store. It was 29 degrees when we left for town. I left my father-in-law at the eye doctor waiting room and went to one of the banks and then to the grocery store. I stole the bank's cartridge and had to return it. I got back to the eye doctor in time to sit through the last half of his eye exam. His eyes had not changed since the last visit. I took him home and then went over to Janie's uncle Trinton's house to take him his groceries. I went back to town and went to the other bank then picked up two plate lunches. I returned and ate lunch with Uncle Trinton and had a good visit with him. It was back to the Taylor's where I checked in on my Father-in-law to see if he was okay and he was. I called my mother and she was doing well. They still have not caught the hogs that are taring up her yard. She is going to try leaving the outside lights on to see if that keeps them away. Before getting to my studies I went to the bathroom and discovered that the sewer line was stopped up. I went out into the back yard and sure enough water was bubbling up out of the ground from the sewer line. In my younger days I would have dug right in and fixed it but not now. I called a plumber and am waiting for them to call me back.
The first picture was taken yesterday. It is of Bro. Davis as we were waiting to see the doctor. This second picture, taken today, is of me and my Father-in-law at the waiting room of the eye doctor. God bless you.

No comments: