Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gifts


Janie gave each of the ladies in the Bible study group a Christmas gift. They gave to us a Christmas gift. One of the ladies gave everyone a gift of cookies. This afternoon Janie and I worked and then took off for Waco to deliver a gift and to visit at a nursing home there. The lady we went to visit was sound asleep so I prayed by her bedside and left her a note wishing her a Merry Christmas. We then did some Christmas shopping and headed back to Hillsboro. I have the sermon ready for Sunday, the lesson ready for Wednesday night, I will work on my thesis tomorrow, Lord willing.

It is just 10 days it will be Christmas. Our grandkids will arrive in just 6 days. They are counting the days as are we.

My uncle, Bill Clark, who lives in Lowell, Massachusetts keeps coming to my mind. Each time that he does I pray for him and his family. I worked at St. John's hospital in Lowell for 1 year with my uncle Bill (1971-1972). I really enjoyed working with him. I would love to go to Lowell to see him and maybe I will some day. I have posted this picture before on this blog. It is one my sister Peggy took of my uncle Bill and his wife. God bless you.

No comments: