Friday, December 4, 2009

Jiggity Jog


We are home again, home again. The snow was nice and just the kind I like. This is a picture Janie took on our way home today. If you look really hard and blow this picture way up you will not see the snow, but it was snowing. Its the kind of snow you don't have to shovel. It did not stick to the ground at all but was pretty coming down. We went by the Volkswagen dealer to get some filters for the car and they put a new battery in my car key. Janie was sitting in the car while I was inside at the dealer. The lady behind the counter changed the battery in my key for me and she pushed the panic button which caused the car alarm to go off. I told her that she was probably causing my wife to have a heart attack. Janie found her keys and got the alarm shut off. It was snowing a lot at the dealer but by the time we got to Bro. Davis' house it had stopped. We had a good visit with them and he is still very weak. He sees the doctor next Wednesday and I plan to go with him.

We visited my mother this morning and she was doing well. It was nice and warm in her house and she told of having three deer visiting her yard. She is still having problems with wild pigs tearing up her yard. The pig trap does not seem to be working. The corn in the trap is being enjoyed by the crows and other birds. I don't doubt that the raccoons are eating it as well.

Tomorrow morning I will finish the sermon for Sunday night and will finish the next episode of Tribman. Tomorrow afternoon we plan to put up our Christmas tree and I will no doubt post pictures here.

I have taken to doing push ups each day after my walk. I did ten the other day when my grandkids were here and I was sore the next day. I have been doing push ups every day since. I took this picture Thursday of an unusual mushroom which was on the side of the road. Part of the fun of walking is taking notice of God's glorious creations. God bless you.

No comments: