Saturday, December 19, 2009

Burning the Midnight Oil


I have been staying up late lately. It seems I can't find a stopping place. Last night I finished setting up my mother-in-law's computer about 1:30 AM. This morning I set her up with a web-cam and mic so she can Skype. She got to talk to and see Jason and his family and loved it. We are back home now and tonight I took time to eat popcorn and watch a movie with Janie. We moved over to the couch and sat under a blanket with a bowl of popcorn and enjoyed relaxing for an hour and a half. Janie is working now and I have been catching up on a few things. We had a good day today. I went for a walk while Janie helped her mother with a financial report. While I was out I tried jogging and did for about 2/10 of a mile. I could have done more but thought it better on my bones to walk briskly instead.
I am going to sic my brother Steve on planning us a hike in Palo Dura Canyon just south of Amarillo, Texas. I was checking their website out just now and sounds like a good place to hike. I have invited some friends to go with us to Groom, Texas to see the amazing cross and sculptures there. I hope they will consider going with us. We as well as they could use a couple of days away. The picture is of the Christmas tree in the foyer of our church. God bless you.

No comments: