Monday, December 7, 2009

Salvation


A man robs a store and then a week or so later because he feels so guilty and bad for having done this bad thing turns himself in to the police. He admits his guilt by pleading guilty before the judge and asks for the court to have mercy on him. I think this is like what happens to a person that gets saved. He or she realizes they are guilty of sin, it bothers them that have sinned and they fear the consequences of those sins. They go to Jesus who bore their sins on the cross and is the only one who can forgive their sins. Knowing that Jesus is the judge and savior they plead, before Him in prayer, guilty and ask for mercy. Jesus forgives and pardons their sin. Have you ever felt guilty? Have you confessed your guilt to Jesus and asked Him to have mercy on you? If you have and if you meant it He saved your soul. Praise the LORD!

Last Monday I preached a funeral and shared this truly good news with a very large crowd of lost people. I will have the opportunity tomorrow to share the Gospel again with some lost people. I pray the the Holy Spirit of God will take the message and open their blinded minds to the truth of the guilt of their sins and that He will draw them to trust in Jesus to save them.

Janie and I had a good time at the pastor fellowship tonight. It was worth the almost 2 hour drive to get there. We had a hard time finding the place in the dark and were just a little bit late. Traffic was not bad coming home and it rained on us most of the way back. It is suppose to rain tomorrow so the funeral will be a wet and cold one. Tomorrow's will make the 9th funeral I have preached this year.

I started this day out with a headache and that caused me to not get much done today. I feel better now and all in all it was a good day. The picture is one I took the other day of Janie and I sitting in our favorite chairs. She was reading the Bible and I was studying for a sermon. It is a very common scene at our house. God bless you.


No comments: