Thursday, October 16, 2008

Working Day Off

This picture is one I took with my cell phone on Interstate 45 north of Houston, Texas. It is a picture of the statue of Sam Houston. It is quite an impressive sight. Notice the bugs on the windshield. It was mating season for love bugs and we must have killed thousands of them with our truck.
I worked on my day off which is what I have always done. When I was not at Lebus Mfg. Co. I use to work at home on my day off. I worked on our house in Henderson and got a lot done today. Tomorrow I plan to work on it a little more before returning to Hillsboro. I am going to also try to get a lot more work on my thesis tomorrow and Saturday. I am excited about the sermon for Sunday and it is going to be one of those times when I wish I could preach first and let the song service come second. You can listen to our services online by going to http://www.khbrhillsboro.com/ and click on "listen live". Our services come on at 11:00 AM central time.

I ate lunch with my mother today and enjoyed visiting with her. She came over in the afternoon to help me with the work there and she was a big help. One thing about her generation they sure know how to work. We went to a family visitation at a funeral home this evening and my wife saw a lot of people she had not seen in a while. A lady who was her friend back when they were kids was there and she had not seen her in over 25 years. I have longed to return to Massachusetts and see my cousins which I have not seen in over 35 years. I do plan to travel there in 2010 and hope I can see at least some of them then. God bless you.

No comments: