Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Really Good Music

We went into the city of Paris today and I was amazed by the train system. It is very efficient and not much waiting. We saw 2 really big church buildings and a really tall tower. The last sentence was composed in honor of my grandson, Micah and here's why. We watched 2 acrobats performing for the crowd and they were really good. They had a CD player playing in the back ground and as we walked away, amazed by their act, Micah said "That was a good song." If my summary of our trip into Paris still has you wondering here is what we saw. We went first to the Eiffel Tower and it was amazing. We did not wait in the 1 kilometer long line to take a ride to the top. I had no desire to go to the top and so it suited me to move on. We went to a vantage point where we could see the tower from afar and passed by several statues of dead guys. We went to a church building on a tall hill. I can not spell nor pronounce its name. We climbed over 300 stair steps to reach it. It was a great view of the city and it was here we saw the acrobats. There was a Carousel there and we let the kids ride it twice. While they were on the ride Jason began to feed the birds. A whole host of pigeons gathered and one landed on my head and sat there for a while which amused the kids. We went next to Notre Dame and it too was amazing especially for a building that was started back in 1623 and took 170 years to complete.
Jason and I will hike on a walking trail from Massy to Paris tomorrow and I am looking forward to that. We had a good visit this evening after the kids went to bed. I am going to head for bed now and get rested for tomorrows long hike. The pictures should be self explanatory. God bless you.

No comments: